Sunday, June 5, 2011

and the show went on..

Good morning everyone.. oops I mean good afternoon! I stayed pretty busy the rest of the week didn't want to be a total bum haha. Thursday I had a wonderful date with Christina (aka Comadre). As always I have to be the planner ...shes a princesa what can I say. I felt spontaneous and instead of going to our regular fast food or americanized mexican food/tex-mex spots I headed over to Coronado island (I was pretty inspired from the night before) parked my car and we walked the town enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze as we decided where to eat. We finally came across "The Brigantine" and liked their seafood inspired lunch menu. Immediately we entered the intimate setting and said "Party of two, please" ok.. really we didn't say that but I was thinking it. Christina ordered the grilled tilapia, vegetables and water (such a good girl) I on the other hand I ordered their fish tacos with vegetables and fries. Its not as bad as it sounds.. the portions were definitely not the "super-size me" usual. Ohhh yea, I ordered their Red Mango Sangria. DELICIOUS! We had a wonderful meal and our usual chatting when suddenly my easily distracted senses hears lot's of laughter and flirting going on. So I start paying more attention. Then the "Happy Birthday" chant starts...blah blah blah. As Comadre and I keep chatting.. one ear is very distracted and hears "I wish it was a di*k this big, hahahahahaha". I immediately smirk and give Comadre the look of "did you just hear that?" and because shes not as easily distracted as me I have to repeat what the ladies said. We laugh about it and at that moment we say "No pues wow!!!!" At that moment I think we realized that those middle-age or older women will be us one day. We will only be so lucky to grow old and that we can still meet up enjoy some drinks a nice meal and why not some dirty talk. I'm most confident that will be me of course.. anyone who knows me my mind resides in the gutter for sure! That party of three across the room reminded me of how it doesnt matter if you are single, have children, married, widowed, terminally ill, employed, unemployed the show really just goes on. There is no reason why to ever stop enjoying moments like this in life. I hope all my family and friends remember this always. Whenever you feel like your life is a bore call up those hilarious friends of yours and meet up for a spirit lift-up!

3 comments: