Monday, June 20, 2011

There's only room for growth

These past ten days have been some of the greatest. Filled with laughter, family drama, lots and lots of tears but most of all filled with L-O-V-E. We are some crazy moody family and we got it from our momma and poppa...lord knows its true!
About a year ago (more or less) my (our) best friend/sister/niece/daughter/grandaughter, etc. left San Diego to begin her life as a married woman. We were all devastated and filled with mixed emotions to let her go. At the same time so proud of the independent woman she became. We all had different feelings, for my sister her baby was grown up and left the nest. For my nephew it was a bittersweet feeling, he wouldnt have to do her chores anymore or fight (even though he enjoyed at times) and most of all he was stoked to finally have a bedroom to himself! For my parents it was another thing they will worry about.. their first grandaughter eloping and moving miles away and there was nothing they could possibly do to change that decision. I am sure the rest of my family had similar feelings about this situation.  For me personally, it meant my other half was leaving. I'll admit it I was selfish at first thinking of how could she leave so far without me. What about me? Not until after is when I put myself in her shoes. Being young and finding someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Deep down I was still hurt and I did not know how to deal with the seperation. I just felt like I lost her...but today I realized that we didn't loose anyone, in this family there is only room for growth. We now have a addition to the family, a brother/son/nephew/grandson/friend. It was great to finally spend some quality time with our niece and her husband. Getting to know their little quirks, attitudes and of course Silvia's crazy ass in front of her husband. To be able to observe and inhale the man who took our Silvia away, the one who stole her heart.
With all that said... Mr. Rodney Ross welcome to the family. We love you both! and remember 55% but Im sure with this blog its now 75% :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment